Our six public library partners have been hard at work planning our schedule of events for the 2018 Northwoods Book Festival. We’re excited about the lineup, and invite you to stay connected with us here or on Facebook for announcements as more events and details are added!
2018 Featured Events:
- Book launch party for Callie Bates, author if The Waking Land and The Memory of Fire, and John Bates, author of Our Living Ancestors, on June 6, 2018 at the North Lakeland Discovery Center
- Matthew Janzen, author of The State of Craft Beer, at the Aqualand Ale House in partnership with the Boulder Junction Public Library on June 12, 2018
- Mary Dougherty, author of Life in a Northern Town, at the Minocqua Public Library on June 14, 2018
- Allen Eskens, author of The Life We Bury and many other mystery novels, at the Frank B. Koller Memorial Library in Manitowish Waters on June 21, 2018
- Patricia McConnell, author of The Education of Will and many books on animal behavior, at the Mercer Public Library on July 10, 2018
- Leon “Buckshot” Anderson, author of many books of memoir on Wisconsin’s northwoods, at the Winchester Public Library on July 12, 2018
- Heather Swan, author of Where Honeybees Thrive, at the Minocqua Public Library on July 19, 2018
- Dave and Amy Freeman, authors of A Year in the Wilderness and founders of the Wilderness Classroom, at the Boulder Junction Public Library on July 24, 2018
- Lyn Cote, author of the “Wilderness Bride” series, at the Frank B. Koller Memorial Library in Manitowish Waters on July 30, 2018
- Victoria Houston, author of Dead Firefly, the latest entry in the “Loon Lake Mysteries” series, at the Winchester Public Library on August 2, 2018
- Nancy Langston, environmental researcher and author of Sustaining Lake Superior, at the Mercer Public Library on August 6, 2018
- Amy Reichert, author of The Coincidence of Coconut Cake, at the Presque Isle Community Library on August 7, 2018
Follow us at facebook.com/northwoodsbookfest for news and announcements.